S2000 CR Race Track Ready
Introducing the next roadster to epitomize the pure thoroughbred racer lineage of Honda motorsports: The 2008 S2000 CR “Club Racer”.
The S2000 CR was designed to drive to the track, and around it. The CR is a competitor, and its driver should possess the desire to maximize its potential for improved track times at club racing events.
The factory-tuned CR is an extreme performer. Its aerodynamic design and stiffer suspension settings provide increased rigidity and increased downforce. It’s a purist’s sports machine that builds on the race-inspired attributes of the original S2000—then cranks out even more of everything sports car drivers crave.
The CR takes “track-inspired” to an entirely new level. With racecar-like suspension and lower weight, its cornering, braking and acceleration make it one of the best rides around. To accomplish this, the audio system and air conditioning are now offered as options and the spare tire has been replaced with a tire repair kit. This, along with other modifications, lightens the racy roadster by nearly 100 pounds from the original S2000. Add in a taut new chassis, quicker steering ratio, “stickier” tires, and track-inspired has never felt so meaningful.
EXCLUSIVE STANDARD FEATURES:
- Firmer springs, dampers and suspension bushings
- Stiffer front and rear stabilization bars
- Quicker steering ratio
- Larger rear P255/40 R17 tires
- Bridgestone® Potenza RE070 tires
- All-new 17" dark gray 5-spoke alloy wheels
- Fully functional aerodynamic front and rear spoilers
- Yellow and black fabric
- Yellow-stitched seats, shift boot and steering wheel
- Spherical aluminum shift knob
- Removable aluminum hardtop
- Body-colored roll bar cowlings
- Sport-tuned exhaust silencer